Community Calendar Policy
Chamber members and members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce’s online community calendar, if that event is open to the general public, occurs within the Ellsworth, WI area and meets the following criteria:
- Business sponsored events, which are open to the general public (Chamber members only)
- Church fairs and bazaars
- Community Events
- Festivals, flea markets, swap meets
- Hobby and collectors’ shows
- Educational events/workshops
- Recreational events/tournaments (including fishing tournaments, truck and tractor pulls, marathons, etc.)
- Arts and entertainment events
Examples of events that would not be accepted include:
- Store sales and promotions (Chamber members, please inquire about Hot Deals)
- Personal fundraisers and benefits
- Regular meetings of membership organizations
- Private-party garage sale listings
- Religious services
- Sporting events (exceptions: Homecoming, championship games, tournaments, etc.)
- Ongoing activities with no specific dates and events lasting longer than 3 weeks in duration
- Private events
- Attraction/business season opening dates and seasonal changes in hours
- Events that promote discrimination based on race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, marital status, or political beliefs
This service is offered by the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce and our members as a courtesy. Requests to add an event to the online calendar must be submitted directly through the calendar itself. All submitted events will be reviewed by Chamber staff prior to publishing online, to ensure that the event meets, or is in keeping with, the intent of the above criteria.
We will do our best to review and post your submitted event within 24-48 hours. It is recommended that you submit your event to the calendar at least two weeks prior to your event for maximum exposure. You are responsible for checking the calendar webpage to ensure your event has been posted and all information is accurate.
The Chamber reserves the right to decline or remove any event from the calendar at any time and without notice. We also reserve the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
We are not liable for any misinformation, confusion, or errors in the posting of your event to the calendar. If the event is cancelled, postponed, or if there is a significant change, correction, or error we ask the submitter to notify us in a timely manner so that we can make corrections.